Bez turns 17

Bez turns 17. And that also means that we've been back to Singapore for 10 years! a Decade! Sounds like a long time and now that i sit here, trying to recuperate after an entire day of "slaving" in the kitchen and a hangover from some hard partying, I can't help but get really sentimental about the goings and comings of the past 10 years. Life's been fair, with its ups n downs, happy and sad moments, but overall I am really thankful. I count my blessings. Good old friends like Dor is still in contact. Found a soulmate in Shirin and of course not forgetting our dear Chris, the mee siam man who has now added roast beef to his specialty.
Ok, enough of the mushy stuffs. Now to the party. It's another successfully rowdy and memorable event. I do myself proud with the spread and seeing everyone going back for their numerous helpings, all my hard planning and preparations are really worth it.
Just a pity that amidst all the fun and excitement, I forgot to take pictures of each of the dishes. For the record, I've made Cajun Shrimp Scampi, Lemony Fish with celery and carrots, Bean casserole, Aglio olio, Honey soy chicken, Vegetable Medley, Baked Potatoes, Italian Cheese Bread and Almond Spiked Jelly. Roast Beef compliments from Chris, Sushi from Wenli, Pink Coconut balls from Rachael, wraps from Lingling, fruits from Daisy and a special rice concoction from Shirin. And most of all, my potted "Dirt Cake" which took everyone by surprise. I hope Shirin got a picture of this.

Some of the spreadA real rowdy bunch; and can u imagine they all sleep over! Can't say sleep cos they did not sleep at all :-0
Gig of the nite - presenting our future drummerDirt cake. REally wish i have taken a foto of the "potted plant" before Bez started digging into it.
Got them all fooled with one slice of cheesecake
I have to keep this from him for an entire last week and it's not easy. So tempted to share my excitement with him since I've arranged for the flight.
This is fun
The rest of the album is posted in facebook.

Comments

Jaslyn said…
WOW.... Man, i missed yet another fun event! I was trying to imagine how the rest reacted with the dirt cake... hahah....

:)
unowholah said…
Wish I were there,looks like everybody is having a good time,wasted I can eat all those goodies !Still bring a good surprise on the cake,good job mum. Cheers !
Rachael said…
Oh I loved the cake. I loved the roulette. Shame nobody told those boys the wheel was weighted to one side, ha ha ha!
shirin said…
Well done on the food again Jann! Fabulousssss. Gourmet home cooked food & tricks & glam party hostess. If only I'd known that everyone was staying over so I could finally see Rach getting drunk!
shirin said…
And oh, YEAH so GLAD we met each other Jann....& daisy,,,,at the GYM!! Life has never been the same since! HUGGGGGGGZZZZZZzzzzzz

Popular posts from this blog

My Implants

Fajitas Dinner

Sex & the City - Gold Class