It was about 3 Boxing days ago, when I saw the news report on the obscenely huge piles of rubbish left over from the previous day's christmas gift wraps. It was such a waste. All new, crisps gift wrappers used once and discarded the following day. Think of the amount of waste, the trees that were chopped down for that one sole purpose.
From than on, I've been wrapping all my gifts on recycled materials. Well, with Jazz it Up, I've plenty of off cut fabrics that I can used for this purpose. I don't use any tapes too. Only tie it up with ribbons (also collected from presents given to me) or even strips of materials. All recycled. To "jazz it up", I've also resorted to use old xmas's decorations, dry flowers etc.... anything i can get my hand on.
This is wrapped with a piece of raw silk. Tie up with gold ribbon and spice up with a old xmas flower that would otherwise be kept in a box and never see daylight again.
This is also with pink silk. Hey, I've got lots of nice silks. The rainbow sparkle was from Venice! Seriously, it had adorned a scoop of very costly ice cream that the boys got when we were last there. For some reasons, I had washed it and used it to brighten up my scarf then.. u know when u are on holidays, u are in a jazzy mood. Anyhow, it made it back to Singapore and had been around ever since. And now, it is just the right sparkle for this little pink package!
Another gift wrapped in a woven organza; adorned with my old xmas decoration.

All these gifts are not only unique, one of a kind, it's also environmentally friendly! Just hope the reciepients have as much joy receiving it as I have gift wrapping it :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Implants

Fajitas Dinner

Sex & the City - Gold Class