My Implants

Dr Lynn Yeo - www.lynnyeo.com.sg
Its been 11 days after the implant... I am seeing fine now. Close vision still not too good but according to Dr. Yeo, my eyes are still adjusting. That probably explained the fact that at certain time of the day I see fine and some time, a little out of focus. For near sighted reading, it helps using a reading glass. At least for now; may gets better, may not. But thats just for reading. Otherwise everything else is ok. Can check out the cute guys, no problem :-) She also given me the green light to resume work out. So I am hitting the gym tonite! Yippee!

Ok, the moment I mentioned implant, everyone's eye automatically move to u know where! No I don't need that! I am proudly well endowed :-) So I have this need to clarify. Its ICL or rather in my case, Toric ICL - implantable contact lens. Lasik is something I've always wanted. But unfortunately I am not medically qualified because of my thin and irregular cornea. I was so disappointed when they told me that the last time I went for the eye test. But hey now, 5 years later I have this new option. And as oppose to lasik, this is reversible. U are literally wearing a contact lens behind you natural lens. So if for some reasons your power increase, you can have a new one put on. Of course we don't hope for that in near future cos compared to Lasik, this is like 3 times the cost. At Singapore Eye & Vision, they gave me several rounds of eye tests to determine the correct power for my lens. Actually a pretty tedious process cos the more they make me read from one eye and than the other, the more stressful it becomes. It may be just me, but somehow I got 3 different readings every each time! Finally Dr Lynn Yeo, suggested that I go back one day in the morning when my eyes are well rested and have one test at a very leisurely pace. And that's a lot better.
A day before the surgery, I have to administer the blue eye drops 4 times a day.
These tablets were supposed to lower the eye pressure and to be taken after the surgery. But sotong me took one the nite before :-) But of course that was before Lynn wrote this very clear instructions for me the next day.
Lynn, assistant to Dr Lynn. (will get a photo of Dr Lynn too). Lynn here is very attentive.
Day of surgery on the 16th floor of Paragon. REcovery nurses here prep me for the surgery....... eye drops every 5 mins and then they drugged me! Well here's me before surgery and before being drugged.
Obviously this is after the surgery. ....
And that's how I slept.... with eye shields.....





Comments

Rachael said…
The after pic looks same same as the morning after Bez's birthday bash!
shirin said…
hey wow cool well documented with lots of photos all the way throughout NICE!!
❤Ai❤ said…
Jann How you feeling?

Ivy
Jazz it Up said…
feeling great now.. close vision still not too good so no reading..but was told that it will eventually happens..Tks Ivy
Wira said…
Hi Jann,
stumbled upon your blog while researching on ICL. Can you share with me more details on the ICL process, what is the risks involved and the costs ?
After few months now, how is your vision ? thanks very much !!

Regards
Kevin
Email : wirawank@yahoo.com

Popular posts from this blog

Fajitas Dinner

Sex & the City - Gold Class