Back to School mIgrane

Just spent the last 3 hours on a 12 page power point presentation! Pathetic isn't it; 3 hours! But hey, my first attempt using power point. Not to mention, its been donkey years since I have school assignment and such.
It's been a real eye opener going back to school. Apart from what I am learning about the science of FengShui, all its formulas, diagrams and reasoning to digest, I am given a rare threat to be back to school, in a "today's" college environment. I said that because school these days are indeed very different from my times. Now, I am not going to mention how long, but those of you who know me know it. Go figure :-p
To start with, I was actually quite taken back by the in depth we are delving into in this course. To think that it is only a basic night class, I was quite surprise by the enthusiasm shown by my classmates. There are 84 of us. From all walks of life. Naturally we have quite a handful of architects, interior designers, landscape designers, contractors, real estate agents, insurance agents and even a policeman and a lawyer!
Something never change. There is always a nerdy student that will drives everyone, including the lecturer mad, wanting to strangle him. Only 4 lessons and we already can identify him. He would post a question at every opportunity. Now, it's not one of those intelligent question but rather some redundant, out of text questions. Many a time he probably don't know what he is asking...grrrrgrrr...Please make sure some one tie him up when it's our group's turn to do presentation or I might just strangle him or practice my body combat on him.
And there is that nagging migrane.... Gee, it's been a while since I had those. Probably back in school days, especially during exam time. I am definitely getting that now. All those different Elements, Heavenly Stems and Earthly Branches... the loshu and luo pan......all those numbers and flying stars...a whole bunch of formulas to remember and decipher.
3 hours, usually overuns (3 times out of past 4 lessons), twice a week. Assignment and presentation..I hope this is all going to be worth it.
But having said that, I am really enjoying it too. It's intriguing. Just need to get use to studying again and wakes up those dead cells up there.
Least of all I now can understand why Bezner some time come home after class, looking like a zombie and why Wesley is so reluctant to do his homework.

Comments

unowholah said…
I admire your spirit, those class scenario is so typical ! I'm out . I know you'll do well,good luck.

Popular posts from this blog

My Implants

Fajitas Dinner

Sex & the City - Gold Class