Food Republic

Gee, i know things are not cheap these days. Prices of everything have gone up. But I was still in for a shock at Food Republic the other day.
Paid $4.50 for a bowl of mee soto. Ok, I know thats not bad for a food court price. But what a shock i got when i saw the bowl served in front of me. It's like what we would get at a school canteen. U know, small serving and lacking in every bit of garnishing.
No kidding. Just a wee bit of noodles with half a boiled egg. I had just did an hour of yoga and ran 8km in the treadmill. I deserve more!!!!!!!Ok, I was famished. But that is really not value for your money. It's no wonder Singapore is listed as the 5th most expensive cities in Asia. Its true that rental in Vivo City is astronomical. But still, that is ridiculous. What impression will it gives the tourists? In the same mall, down at B2, there is this Sarawak or Sabah noodles.. i think its call KO Lo Mee or something like that. Same mall and not even food court standard, with full service, bowl of noodles only $8.50. But the difference is so obvious. You got char siew, wanton, lots of veggies and a bowl of soup along with it. Its truly value for money. Mee soto like what they will serve in school canteen should not cost $4.50. At least throw in some green onions la.Should have taken a picture before I ate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Implants

Fajitas Dinner

Sex & the City - Gold Class