Tosto @ T3

Two nites ago we were invited to a Blog Party at Tosto. Now, don't get it mixed up with Toast, the other chain in town. That is so local and even though I've never try it myself, my picky son, Bezner, does not recommend it. And i tell you, he is picky. If it don't meet his standard; well...
Now back to Tosto. This is a completely different story. It is located in T3 Changi Airport and T2 (both arrival halls). And isn't airport a fav location for locals? An Italian Cafe in Singapore Airport. You don't have to fly to Italy to enjoy authentic Italian expresso and sandwiches... that's the whole idea.
I have never been to Italy yet. Will only be there next week, so can only tell you after that if Tosto really has an Italian ambience. But for now, let's concentrate on the most important winning factor - the food.
We were given a crash course on Italian coffee; latte macchiato, expresso, arabica, robusto, la creme...man, all these vocab make me sound like an expert. And I tell u, Michael really knows his stuff! I definitely appreciate my expresso better now.
We were then treated to a spread of wraps, sandwiches and piadina. I will comment on these along with the photos.
Let me come to the most interesting part of the evening - Sandwich making Contest. This is awesome. It's fun, it's challenging! Thank you TCD and Tostos for organising this event and thank you Body Contour and Nuance Watson for the wonderful prize. Tho I did not win.
But I was told we came in a 3rd or technically 2nd cos there is 2 first prize. I think this Sandwich Making Contest has the potential to be the next Subaru Hands on Contest.
Michael the teacher giving us a valuable insight into Italian coffee.
Arabica coffee beans
The milky froth in a perfect cup of expresso - la crema
Very hearty. A sure winner with kiddos cos who don't like ham and cheese! The bread is a bit "soggy" and that's probably cos it had been sitting there for a while but if you will to eat it right when they served, it will definitely be better cos the fillings itself has great potentials.
We were served 2 different Piadinas and I personally prefer the Hawaiian Piadina. The pineapple gives that juicy bites and the sweetness melts into your mouth as you bite into it. Very refreshing. Must try! The other choice is BBQ Chicken Piadina. Now I find this a bit dry. Maybe a tad more BBQ sauce will helps? Next come the wraps... a must try Mandarin Orange Smoked Duck Wrap - an inspiration for our Afrotoast Sandwich. Afterall duck breast is pretty unusual fares in our local deli scene. The different color wraps make this even more appealing to the palate. And one bite into this u will be sold. Meat combined with a cut of mandarin orange is simply tantalizing. I am no good with words. Had returned most of my adjectives to my English teacher. So go try it for yourself.
And for those who prefer pork to duck, there is another alternative. And see the clever way they add some fibers to your meat wraps - the slice of cherry tomatoes not only looks great on top but it really does help in "juicing" up the meat.

Here's the 2 winning sandwiches. Prototype Fish is a all veggies sandwich. Fish because it is created by Rachael and Dominique Herring.
Diving Divas by our 2 lovely divas, Jenny and Shabnam. With lots and lots of Mozarella Cheese for the cheese lovers.
Both this sandwiches will be featured in Tosto's menu shortly.
Oh and definitely worth mentioning is our Mandarin Affair (inspiration for name comes a bit too late). But as it is, this is inspired by the delicious Mandarin Orange & Duck Wraps. First we gave the bread a generous spread of sun dried tomato cheese. Then we added slices of duck breast topped with lots of mango chutney. (i think thats the winning combo). Next comes layers of muslun salad and sliced eggs followed by a slice of bacon. Would be better if the bacon is crispy. And there you have it, our Mandarin Affair!
Most important of all and the best round up to the evening is their Cheesecake! A thumb up from all who savours it. It is simply delicious, yummy and out of this world. It is cheese cake that is not too cheesy that becomes unbearable. The little bits of golden raisins and lemon rinds give it an extra boost. A definite must have!

So the next time you are in the airport or when you feel like a meal in our airport, you must definitely give Tosto a try. Like what Bez says, it is a good place for Sunday brunch which incidentally we had tried before. And remember, whatever you have, you must definitely save room for the Cheesecake. A must try even if you are not eating anything else. Imagine a cuppa of freshly brewed expresso or latte macchiato with the ultimate cheesecake! The only setback is the menu, that does not do justice to the amazing food they offer, an amateur attempt at best with badly taken photos on badly printed sheets of paper in a folder...when every other cafes in Singapore has much nicer and proper menu....it's really quite a pity for a first impression...though the food and service is greatly commendable.

Comments

shirin said…
Nice! I lost all my adjectives too, Only use the same words over and over like "cool", "lovely" "nice' "fanstastic" ALL UNIVERSAL kinda words for all occasons. Ooopsies////blingbo words!!
shirin said…
But yeah what i mean was your blog entry and photos were nice ha

Popular posts from this blog

My Implants

Fajitas Dinner

Sex & the City - Gold Class