Hey hey, been away for a while.... No posting of the trip.. isn't that weird?
Well boils down to simply being lazy, still in holiday mood. Loaded tons of fotos in facebook thou. Too many to post in blog..
Have survived 2 weeks with no computer, no MSN, no blogging, no emails! No internet connection! Not just me, even the 2 boys! That's pretty amazing in these days and age. But we had a great 2 weeks pounding the street of Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan. Was cold. Very cold. Apart from some slight drizzle in Paris and pouring rain when we arrived at Rome, we had mostly dry weather; good for our walking tours.
Worst experience would be when we arrived at Roma Termini Station. Not sure why but must be the back platform cos we somehow got out from the side of the station and it was a pretty shady area. Had some problems locating the direction to the hotel. To make matter worse it started to drizzle and with one hand towing our luggage and umbrella in the bag, we got pretty soaked up by the time we found the hotel.
We also got pickpocketed in Rome. It happened so fast. We were just leaving McDonald and this young teenage girl was right at my back. She kind of bump into me and I felt a slight tug in my bag. I was carrying a sling bag and it was lodged safely in front of me and inside my jacket too. I called out to Bez and Wes who had walked in front and before even they registered what had happened, she turned the other way and disappeared among the crowds on the busy street. Luckily I had not kept all my money in that purse. But all my credit cards are gone with it. With only about 800Euros and 500USd for the next 10 days, we really need to budget. Apart from breakfast all our meals are not prepaid. Makan are very costly there and knowing my 2 boys who were constantly hungry, I did not dare to shop at all. Had to pass on the beautiful leather bags and accessories. Luckily cos its winter, most of the clothings were not suitable.
Apart from this, we really had a great time. Very good experience and not to say great bonding with the boys. Hahaha no computer or xbox to keep them away from me.


Comments

Rachael said…
Shocking about the pick-pockets. Maybe you should take up karate in the New Year?

Popular posts from this blog

My Implants

Fajitas Dinner

Sex & the City - Gold Class